Welcome to The Oil Well
Hello Essential Oil Lovers and Welcome to the Experience Essential Oils Newsletter for Summer!
Nan’s Personal Message
Summer is here! It is the season of growth, learning and blossoming! And to celebrate, I am launching several new learning opportunities for everyone so make sure you take advantage of them!
Here is a quick summary of the highlights. There is more information below and on the website:
• Radio Program Launched – My first show on News for the Soul started June 28. This is a live, bi-weekly show where I feature a different topic each show. Listeners may call in as well!
• Complimentary Teleseminar – I am gifting my first teleseminar, Breaking through Emotional Barriers with Essential Oils! It will be held July 19 and 21 at 8 PM EST. Learn how belief systems and patterning are formed; how emotions govern our life; and how oils can help us break through it all! Registration link provided below!
• Holistic Horse Articles – My opening article for Holistic Horse is schedule to be printed in the August/September issue! This initial article will be “Using Therapeutic Grade Oils to Repel Ticks and Equine Lyme Disease”, the perfect summer topic!
Look forward to seeing everyone at the local classes and on the call July 19th!
Scents of Summer: Staying Cool with Cool Scents
Well it is certainly hot this summer and essential oils are a great way to keep us cool and refreshed on those hot summer days! We want to use oils that hydrate our body; cool our skin; and protect us from the suns rays; and more!
Freshen your Water and Hydrate your Body with Citrus Oils!
Keeping hydrated is very important when out in the heat. Essential oils contain many minerals including electrolytes that keep our body hydrated! Citrus oils in particular contain electrolytes which facilitate the uptake of minerals and help the cells of the body uptake more Vitamin C. Plus, they taste great in our water!
Lemon and grapefruit are the best or I like a blend called
Place it in your water bottle or even your dog’s water bowl! My horse loves Citrus Fresh – what horse doesn’t like the taste of citrus and spearmint all wrapped up in one oil! Yum! She licks it right off my hand and I put a few drops in her water bucket as well.
Kids love tangerine and orange oils. Place three to five drops in some Vanilla Soy or Rice Milk and some ice, place it in the blender and drink up! Yum - brings me back to summer time as a kid when I used to enjoy Creamsicles! Yeah! I also like to use Ninxgia Red, Young Living’s Wolfberry Drink! Great healthy cool drinks all summer long!
Walk Like an Egyptian with Myrrh Essential Oil?
The Egyptians used
in an animal fat mixture as a natural sunscreen! Yes, these “cone heads” actually did have a purpose! Other oils that have some sunscreen properties are lavender and helichrysum.
Remember to be careful of oils that are photosensitive and that will increase your chance of burning, citrus oils in particular! And if you get sunburn, one of the best home remedies for sunburn if lavender essential oil!
Cool Peppermint Misting Spray? Not just for Ants Anymore!
We all know that
peppermint essential oil
is great for deterring ants in the house, but it also makes a great refreshing Skin Spritz! Place a few drops in some mineral water with some lavender and mist to hydrate and cool the skin.
Or, if you are like me, place peppermint or
spearmint essential oil,
directly on the back of your neck! It seems to take your body temperature down about 25 degrees! My horse and I both love this! Cooling, refreshing and enhances your concentration- perfect! Oh, and peppermint oil also helps our digestive system which is the topic of the Spiritual Aromas of Summer!
As with all “mint” oils be careful not to get it into your eyes. And if you do, use vegetable oil not water to ease the burn! And those with sensitive skin may want to dilute the peppermint first if placing it directly on the skin; or place a layer of vegetable oil first then the peppermint or spearmint.
Spiritual Aroma Message for Summer: Open up your Heart to the Love of Summer
The summer season is symbolic of the fire element which deals with heat and circulation in the body. In Chinese medicine, the main organ associated with summer is the heart and the other organs are the small intestine and tongue.
In the summer we are asked to look at the emotional patterning and physical diseases that are related to these organs as they will be most affected during this time. This means that physical and emotional issues surrounding these organs may come up so they can be unblocked or released.
What are the Emotions Related to the Heart, Small Intestine and Tongue?
Here is a short summary of some of the emotions and essential oils that are associated with these organs. I would also evaluate the action and system that is indirectly affected; this includes breathing, circulation and the lymphatic system.
Remember, when emotions come up it is best to evaluate the root cause as to why they are being expressed; and use oils to help release them rather than repressing or stuffing them which cause the blockages or di-sease in our body to begin with!
• Heart (circulation and breathing): Grief, loneliness, not enough, intimacy, love, gratitude and forgiveness.
• Small Intestine (digesting and assimilation): Abandonment, lack of compassion and hope.
• Tongue: Lashing out.
Work with essential oils that help to nourish and balance the energy of the heart (heart chakra); support digestion; promote circulation; and release emotions often stored in the heart. Here are some of my top picks.
• Rose Essential Oil
– Anti-hemorrhaging and anti-infectious properties. Used for poor circulation, asthma, chronic bronchitis and more. This has the highest vibration of any essential oil which opens the energy of the heart; soothes grief and emotional pain.
• Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
– Anti-depressant and anti spasmodic properties. Used for anxiety, hypertension, frigidity, palpitations and tachycardia. Emotionally, it releases feeling drained and possessiveness.
• Cypress Essential Oil
– Anti-infectious, lymphatic decongestant and vasoconstrictor properties. This oil gets things moving! Emotionally and physically! Use for circulatory issues, spasms, and lymphatic cleansing. Emotionally, it releases disrespect and stagnation.
• Peppermint Essential Oil
– Anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic and analgesic (pain relieving). Used for imbalances of the respiratory and digestive system making it the perfect summer oil! Emotionally it releases self imposed restrictions and rigidity.
If you want to learn more about emotions, belief systems and essential oils,
register for Breaking through Emotional Barriers with Essential Oils
to be held July 19th. We will learn about how emotions govern every action and choice in our life!
News from the Field
New Name for Ravensara?
You may have noticed that Ravensara is now being called Ravintsara on the Young Living Website! I was curious about this change, so I contacted product support to get some clarification; and wow, did I get some interesting information!
As it turns out, botanists have now identified that most of the Madagascar oil is Ravintsara (Cinnamomum camphora), not Ravensara aromaticum. They are similar trees but Ravintsara is not an original species. It was introduced from Asia in the 19th century and adopted very efficiently to the new climate. So much so that it is a very ecologically sustainable species for sourcing, unlike Ravensara which is becoming an endangered species.
Ravintsara oil tested by GC-MS reveals that 1,8-cineol (eucalyptol) is the main constituent not methyl chavicol. This is the main ingredient in many oils that nourish and heal respiratory complaints! This oil contains over 50% eucalyptol!
Look for a change in my website and the essential oil labels soon!
Will the Real Genus Species of Dorado Azul, please Step Forward?
Wanting to learn more about
I researched it on the internet and came up conflicting information on the genus species than what was originally presented to me. Once again, I turned to Young Living Product Support for help. I like to make sure my site is up to date and as accurate as possible.
As it turns out the Reference Guide for Essential Oils by Connie and Alan Higley is incorrect. And the correct genus species listed on my website and the Australian Young Living website is correct. So please make a note of it!
If you don’t know much about Dorado Azul, definitely read through the page. I was drawn to it immediately, the first time I smelled it; and it has some fascinating properties. As I first thought, it also has a high level of 1,8-cineol. It is a natural anti-inflammatory; and supports the respiratory, digestive and hormonal systems in the body. It is also great for mosquito repelling and so much more!
I was in Venice, Florida to assist Christina Hagan with a CARE Intensive as part of my ongoing effort to become a Certified CARE Instructor (CCI). Nine wonderful women from all walks of life and all ages participated in the intensive with an open heart and mind. I’m always gratified and excited by the amount of healing that takes place during the course; and what a cohesive group is formed by the end of these classes.
Scheduled Events: Classes, Teleseminars and Webinars
Here is a listing of upcoming events. Please check the calendar and the Facebook Page for updates!
• Tuesday and Thursday, July 19 and 21, 8 PM. Breaking Through Emotional Barriers using Essential Oils - Getting off the Emotional Gerbil Wheel and Empowering your Life! This two part seminar is a gift to you as essential oil lovers! Nan will teach about emotions and beliefs and how they govern our actions in our life for better or worst! And how essential oils help us in this capacity! Registration is limited to 200 people, so act today.
To register for the teleseminar,
• Tuesday, July 12 and 26. News for the Soul Radio Program. Free online radio program featuring Nan in a bi-weekly show on Tuesdays between 2-3 pm EST. Can be streamed live or downloaded for later!
To get the call in number and handout for the show,
• Wednesday, July 13. Essential Oils of the Bible. Essential Oils for healing, cleansing, and holy anointing are mentioned more than 500 times in the Bible! Learn about the healing powers of the Bible oils! This is a non-certification program. Oils included. 7:00-9:00 PM. $20 RSVP/$25 Day of event. To be taught from my home in Jupiter, Florida. Please bring a Bible!
To register and pay for your class, go to
The Oil Shop.
• Saturday, Jul 16 or 30. Applied Vitaflex with Essential Oils w/ Nan, LSH/CRP. Learn Stanley Burroughs Vitaflex Techniques for colon clearing, hearing loss, respiratory and lymphatic systems and more. Discover what Essential Oils enhance this ancient Tibetan healing method. Those interested in Raindrop, should attend this class first. This is a non-certification program. Oils included. 9-12:30 PM. $75 RSVP/$80 Day of event. To be taught from my home in Jupiter, Florida.
To register and pay for your class,
go to The Oil Shop.
• Saturday, July 16 or 30. Raindrop Technique with Applied Vitaflex for Humans w/ Nan, LSH/CRP. Learn Raindrop Technique as taught by CARE using nine essential oils to detox and align the body and measure taller after your session! Each person will give and receive a Raindrop. Please take Vita flex class first! This is a non-certification program. Oils included. 1:30-5:30 PM. $85 RSVP/$90 Day of event. To be taught from my home in Jupiter, Florida.
To register and pay for your class,
go to The Oil Shop.
Classes are ongoing, so please check the events page and stay tuned to the
Facebook Fan Page
News from the Oil Shop
A reminder for those who order from The Oil Shop: a PayPal account is not necessary. PayPal is my payment processor, therefore you may use any credit card to pay and you do not have to create a PayPal account to place an order.
I have successfully been processing international oil orders, but please contact me direct if you would like to do so with your address and the list of products you would like.
Many items can not be shipped overseas or are not available out of the European or Australian warehouses. If orders need to be processed from the United States than unfortunately the shipping costs are expensive, but can be reduced if placing a large order.
Thank you all for your Essential Oil Experiences! Have a great Summer!
Peace, love and light,
Experience Essential Oils