Essential Oils Use
How to Use them and
What to Use them For!
Essential oils use is not limited to aromatherapy. There are hundreds of ways to use essential oils and those who use them find new applications everyday!
Let’s answer some frequently answered questions about essential oils use.
What if I have never used Essential Oils Before?
No problem, just like learning anything new, start slow, take a deep breath and enjoy the process! As you use the oils more and more you will begin to know your body and be drawn to what you need. Read as much as you can do gain an understanding of what they are and how to use them.
How Much do I Use?
Always refer to the reference guides for single oils and blends. They usually have an essential oils use section. Generally, several drops in your palms, feet or on location will be sufficient.
Oils should be diluted up to 30% for massage and more for children and certain pets. One drop per tablespoon or more of vegetable oil is recommended in several books for infants.
I am concerned about my Skin Response. What do I do?
If you are concerned about your skin sensitivity, then perform a quick, skin check (below), or again, dilute it with a vegetable oil base.
On the inside of your upper arm, place one drop of oil to see if any redness develops. If so, apply a vegetable oil base to dilute the oil before reapplying.
What if I have an Allergic Reaction?
Allergic reactions are caused by the “histamine”, a protein molecule. Essential oils do not contain protein, so an allergic reaction is not possible! Redness usually indicates a detoxification reaction not an allergy reaction.
But remember if it is NOT a therapeutic grade essential oil
therapeutic grade essential oil
you may have a reaction to the solvent used to adulterate it! So make sure you are using therapeutic grade oils!
How are oils Absorbed into the body?
There are four ways that oils go into the body (SOLD):
• S-kin – Topical Application or direct application on the skin
• O-rifices – Use of suppositories, bulb syringe or tampon.
• L-ungs – Inhalation of the oils
• D-igestive – Internal Consumption or taking them orally. This may include swallowing a capsule of oil, placing them in a drink or putting them directly in your mouth.
But, for our purposes we will think of using the oils in these ways:
• Topical Application
• Internal ConsumptionHow do I use them Topically?
There are several different ways to use them topically including:
• Direct Application – just place it on and go!
• Use them as Natural Perfume of Cologne – click to read about my favorite ones!
• Vita Flex Technique
– click here to find about how these amazing technique are combined with oils to help clear the colon, ease congestion in the respiratory system or perhaps improve hearing.
• Raindrop Technique
– click here to learn about this amazing technique that involves dropping different oils on the spine. It is documented to boost immune system and release toxins, viruses and bacteria on the spine.
• Massage – have an essential oil massage or make your own massage oils.
• Auricular Therapy – applying oils on the ears for physical well being and emotional release.
How do I use the Inhalation Method?
This is one of the easiest ways to use the oils.
Simply, smell the oil directly from the bottle. Or, place several drops in your palm. Then activate the oil by rotating the oil in a circle in your palm three times clockwise and smell. It’s that easy!
Throw Away your Plug-Ins?
Yes! Use a ultrasonic diffuser instead!
is another easy and very popular method that I truly love to use.
Put a few drops of oils in your diffuser, turn it on, and circulate the oil into your room.
about the different types of diffusers, how they work and how to use them.
More great oil tips for topical use!
• Put a drop or two of oil in your humidifier or vaporizer.
• Put oil on a cotton ball and put in or on your vents or fans.
• Put a drop of oil on your pillow case before you retire
How do I take them Internally?
One of my favorite ways to ingest the oils is to put them a drop or two in a drink or in a teaspoon of honey.
In the summer, I love to add
Essential Oils to my water and drink it through out the day to stay cool. Remember they are very concentrated so it usually only takes a drop!
If you don’t like the taste, as with
Essential Oil, add 2-4 drops to a vegetable capsule, dilute at least 50:50 or, as directed, and swallow.
Most edible oils (ingestible) are designated by:
GRAS – Generally regarded as Safe. Examples are
FA – FDA Approved Food Additive. Examples are
(Melaleuca alternifolia) Essential Oil.
FL – Flavoring Agent. Examples are
(certain species) and
Please, remember to research your individual oil to make sure they are safe to use in the way you want to use them!
On the website, read over the individual oil or blend for this information, or consult a dependable reference guide. They usually have an essential oils use section. Also read the
general oil safety
Want to Read Some Essential Oil Testimonials? Or Submit One?
these testimonials on my website.
Or submit a testimonial. Or also read more at the
But wait, there’s more essential oils use!
Here are some other fun ways to use the oils around the house (and the barn). Just click on the topic to learn more!
• Homemade Insecticides
• Natural Insect Repellents
• Natural First Aid
As you see, essential oils use is really endless. I discover new ways every day and so will you! So don't be shy, if something isn't working, maybe give an essential oil a try!
Return from Essential Oils Use to Experience Essential Oils