Raindrop Technique -
Want to Measure 1/2 Inch Taller?
Raindrop technique is a powerful technique using essential oils that was developed by D. Gary Young in the 1980s. It combines several holistic modalities to bring balance and alignment to the body in a non-invasive manner. It also stimulates all the body systems on a physical and emotionally level.
The most amazing thing about Raindrop is that all of my clients measure taller after just one session! Yeah! What a great technique for those dealing with curvatures of the spine and neck; and more!
What is Raindrop Technique?
This technique involves applying therapeutic grade essential oils to the spine, neck and feet. The session lasts about an hour however the benefits may last up to a week or more.
Gary found that combining several holistic techniques, described below, created a synergistic effect for the body. The three modalities that combine to form Raindrop Technique are:
• Aromatherapy – Raindrop technique uses seven single essential oils, two blends and one essential oil massage blend during the session. It is congruent with the French application of aromatherapy where essential oils are applied NEAT (undiluted) to the body.
• Vita Flex Technique –
was brought to the US in the 1920s by Stanley Burroughs. It is an ancient Tibetan healing methodology meaning “vitality through the reflexes”. Its theory is based on the fact that slight pressure applied to the body creates an electric charge that is therapeutic to the body. This is known as piezoelectric.
• Feather Stroking - This is similar to a massage term technique called effleurage. But this technique was actually termed by the Native American Indians.
How does Raindrop get its Name?
Essential oils are actually dropped from about 6 inches above your spine, simulating rain drops! It feels like a rain drop gently striking your spine, and it is very relaxing and comforting.
It is thought that the oils interact with a person’s electric field before even penetrating the skin of the back. Thereby, enhancing the electromagnetic properties of the oils as well. Amazing!
What is the Concept behind Feather Stroking?
In the 1980s Gary Young worked with a Lakota elder named Wallace Black Elk. He learned that the Lakota people went to Canada to experience the Northern Lights or Aurora Borealis (before there were border crossings and reservations). The Lakota people would raise their hands toward the light and breathe in the energy of the lights for healing purposes.
Once the Lakota people could no longer cross the border, they created a stroking technique along the spine using a feather that simulated the healing energy of the Aurora Borealis. And this is the massage technique that was taught to Gary Young and is named feather stroking.
What are the Benefits of Raindrop Technique?
There are numerous benefits of the Raindrop Technique. Here are just a few:
• Balance and Re-align the Energy Centers of the Body – The combination of techniques brings electrical and structural alignment to the body. The essential oil blend of Valor helps the body align and is often referred to as “chiropractor in the bottle”.
• Re-aligns the Spine in a Non-manipulative Manner – Microbes along the spine contribute to deformities and can be the cause of spinal diseases such as scoliosis. The oils of oregano, marjoram, thyme and basil have anti-viral and/or anti-bacterial properties.
• Reduce Stress and Anxiety - Not only can the oils enhance positive emotions such as joy and happiness, but they can also help us release negative emotions that are subconsciously stored on a cellular level. See the section on
for more information!
• Reduces Inflammation in the Body – Three known, natural anti-inflammatory oils, wintergreen, thyme and peppermint, are used in this technique. See the section on oils for
• Relax Muscles – Muscles that are sore, spastic or stressed will also benefit. Basil, wintergreen, marjoram, cypress and peppermint essential oils help with all the common muscle conditions. See the section on oils for
for more information!
• Relieve Pain - A study in 2001 confirmed that the existence of infectious microorganisms near the spine causes pain and inflammation. See the section oils for
for more information!
• Create a Hostile Environment for Viruses and Bacteria along the Spine – It is a known fact that microbes actually stay dormant and hibernate along the spinal column until our immune system weakens and they are activated.
• Improve Circulation – The essential oils of cypress, marjoram and peppermint all have properties that increase circulation and/or act as a circulatory stimulant.
• Improve Immune System Functions – Thyme and oregano essential oils are known to support the immune system. Also the body will be releasing toxins and eliminating viruses and bacteria which ultimately strengthen the immune system and your overall health.
• Emotional Well Being and Release – Essential oils cross the blood-brain barrier and effect the limbic system where emotions are stored and controlled.
• Help Detox the Body Systems – The oils being high in phenols cleanse cellular receptor sites and enhance the lymphatic system detox of the body.
• Increase in Height – Yes, most people experience a slight increase in their height! I have seen changes from ½ to 1 inch! This is due to the realignment of the spine and detoxification along the spinal column.
• And many more!
What Essential Oils are used in the Raindrop Technique?
These are the oils that are used in Raindrop Technique! Click on each oil to learn more about the oil and find out the other benefits of using these fantastic oils.
• Valor Essential Oil Blend
• Thyme Essential Oil
• Basil Essential Oil
• Wintergreen Essential Oil
• Marjoram Essential Oil
• Cypress Essential Oil
• Peppermint Essential Oil
• AromaSiez Essential Oil Blend
• Oregano Essential Oil
• Ortho Ease Essential Oil Massage Blend
Want to Purchase a Raindrop Kit?
Comes with all the oils needed to perform a raindrop, plus vegetable oil and Ortho Ease Massage Oil. And a DVD!
To purchase the kit
go to The Oil Shop!
Can this Technique be used for Animals?
Yes, animals should receive Raindrop! Although the procedure is modified for obvious reasons, the benefits are the same. The oils have are diluted for cats and small dogs but it does not diminish the effect of the procedure.
To read more information about Raindrop Technique for Dogs,
For Raindrop Technique for Cats or Kitty Raindrop Technique,
For horses, Dr. Heather Mack, DVM has published a specific procedure that is highly useful; and advocates the use of
on a monthly basis to promote well being and combat equine disease (and for ourselves I might add!). Or when horses are stressed, injured or ill to compliment traditional veterinarian's methods. Perfect for sore backs and muscles! My horse loves it!
Are there any Side Effects?
Because the Raindrop Technique encourages detoxification of the body, someone may experience some mild side effects or what is known as a
These mild symptoms may include headache, sinus drainage, skin rash or soreness. The best advice is to drink plenty of water before and after a session.
While some may experience detoxification, others may feel relaxed, have heightened awareness or may be energized. It is really on a case by case basis, and depends on so many factors.
Read about other
or submit your own here!
It sounds great! But, Is there any Validation of this Technique?
David Steward, the Executive Director of the Center for Aromatherapy Research and Education (CARE), published a book entitled
“The Statistical Validation of the Raindrop Technique”.
It is based on the results of a questionnaire where over 400 massage therapists, chiropractors, Raindrop Facilitators and others who used the technique responded.
What were the Results of the Questionnaire?
Besides the fact that 97% of the clients receiving Raindrop felt that it was a positive experience and that they felt better after the session?
Well, over 99% said they would have another session. Approximately 90% felt their health improved and 86% felt their emotional state improved. Wow, that is some positive feedback!
If you would like to read the abstract, or purchase the book, you can go to the
It also includes some stories of healing that will amaze you! It most certainly thrilled me!
By the way, CARE is the only organization that certifies Raindrop Facilitators. This is where I received my training to become a Certified Raindrop Technique Specialist. I am currently an intern to become a Certified Instructor.
How do I Book a Raindrop Session?
Book an appointment for yourself or your animal by contacting me by
or at (561) 315-6334.
To find out more about the Raindrop Sessions and to pay for your session,
I hope you have enjoyed this section on the Raindrop Technique. And that you will experience a Raindrop Technique Session soon. If you have any questions, feel free to
Did you know that essential oils can be used for
or as a
natural anti-inflammatory or natural muscle relaxer?
Yes, they can! While you are here, please check out those sections also!
Return from Raindrop Technique to Experience Essential Oils